This ecotour is now over.
Come Join Us!
Come visit our family in San Ramón! By the time you leave, you will feel like your family spreads across more continents, creating unforgettable memories for you and your loved ones. Traveling to this town with your children or grandchildren is an incredible way to live your family values, and also learn about others in the process, expanding your definition of family.
Itinerary (subject to change)
- Day 1: Arrive in Managua, and settle into La Finca Esperanza Verde, where there is a pavilion with a 100-mile view of the Dariense Mountains! Enjoy throughout your FEV stay delicious, locavore cuisine.
- Day 2: Start your day with some morning birdwatching, visit a butterfly farm, have an organic coffee processing demonstration, hike to a waterfall in the tropical cloud forest with a naturalist guide, have happy hour at sunset, and bask in local live music by the bonfire!
- Day 3: Do more morning birdwatching before departing for San Ramón, have a well-guided historical tour of the town, dine with your guest-homestay families, and enjoy a dance performance in town.
- Day 4: Settle more into the quaint town of San Ramón, visit a local school and share a craft activity with the students and teachers, learn local jewelry-making and weaving, and have a lesson about how to make nacatamales (a local indigenous dish)!
- Day 5: With a heartfelt goodbye, depart San Ramón for El Tuma to visit a Cacao Cooperative, have a delicious lunch in the city on the mountains of Matagalpa, then check into your hotel at Laguna de Apoyo.
- Day 6: After breakfast, travel to Granada and have a beautiful boat tour of the islands, after which you can explore the colonial city at night.
- Day 7: Visit the majestic Masaya Volcano National Park, stop by the lovely town Mirador Catarina for lunch, enjoy the well-known Masaya market, and end the day with a relaxing dinner back at Laguna de Apoyo.
- Day 8: After a last Nicaraguan breakfast, travel back to Managua to fly back home!
Price: $1,3750/person (price includes in-country transportation, meals and accommodations, not airfare AND price may change).